Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hello there stranger!

So I know it has been a while since I have posted anything and I plan on being much better about updating my blog! My goal is 3 to 5 times a week, highlighting the ups and downs of teaching and anything that I find that has helped teach different concepts. Now that obligatory phrase was mentioned, here I go!

Life flies by and in a moments notice you can be turned around, flipped on your head and right yourself once more. Maybe that doesn't make sense, but life doesn't make sense. 


One of the reasons why I love teaching is because of... you guessed it the money! Ha! If only that was the case. I never thought my favorite part of going to school day to day is the belly laugh of 25 students. The best thing is when they can make me laugh so hard I start to cry. 


Today was one of those days. I was tired, drained, frustrated (not at my students, at myself because I haven't seen as much progress in my students this year as last year and as a teacher you ultimately fault yourself a hundred-fold before even pointing a finger at someone else) and just plain tired... until one of my fist grade girls was read me one of her creative stories and accidentally nudged my nose with her pencil. I, being one for dramatics, decided to go with it to get the others students out of their funk. I preceded to fake an injury, this started a roll of belly laughs. Amazingly, my students took it in stride and just continued on with their work. 


Sometimes laughing is the answer. 


What I really want to know is it possible to skip without smiling? I would like someone to try it and get back to me. I think I am going to do it with my class tomorrow. 


No comments: