Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Help! I Can’t Remember

What Each Parent Told Me at Back to School Night!



I hope this will ease your mind. The first homework assignment I give at the beginning of the school year is meant for the parents. I want to get to know each individual child, but back to school night always ends up being one great blur! I give my parents an opportunity to share everything they want at the beginning of the school year. I give them a sheet of paper that asks them to share everything about their child “in a million words or less.” Tell me about who they are, what they like to do, what games or activities they participate in, anything medical I should know about, etc. Parents have the greatest insight to their child, giving them this opportunity allows you to get ahead of the game in getting to know each child on an individual basis. 

No comments: