Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pep Talk from Kid President!



Do I need to say more? This video has gone viral and within days this young man has taken the country by storm. 

This young man has inspired me to try and experiment with my students at school. (My students have a dream for our community, our country to become better. Well, according to Kid President, we need to act now.) So here are my actions to help my classroom recognize their own dreams and to begin to change the world for better.

Step 1.  Show video
Step 2.  Show video one more time.
Step 3.  As the powerful question, "What are you going to do to make the world more awesome?"
Step 4.  Write them down and put them on display. 
Step 5.  Have students make an action plan. 
Step 6.  Implement action plan. 
Step 7.  Celebrate. 

I hope this will inspire and empower my students to understand that they can make a difference starting today and not "when I am older." Change can happen today, right this second. 

So it is time for us to get up and do something! Stop being boring. 

So I ask you what are you going to do to make the world more awesome today?

No comments: