Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Establishing Procedures!

Set up expectations from the beginning of the year and the best way to do that is to create procedures in your classroom. Model, Role Play, Model, Role Play, this is crucial! Model what is looks like? Doesn’t look like? Sounds like? Doesn’t sound like?

Procedures to think about!
         Entering the classroom
         Bathroom (How to ask as well as in the bathroom)
         Pencil Sharpening (When?)
         Hall Way
         Quiet Signals (Attention Getters)
         What do I do when I am finished?

***I am going to share a couple of my favorites with you!

Bathroom
         To ask to go to the bathroom, I use the letter “T” in sign language.
         I have bathroom passes, but they do not leave the room. If they get permission to go to the bathroom, they take the bathroom pass and leave it at their seat.

Going to the Bathroom
         Go, Flush, Wash, Leave - These are the steps that I teach my students. Also known as taking care of business : )

No comments: